"Perhaps the ADL should maintain its current mission and continue being effective at what it does. Meanwhile, the Jewish people must find a way to launch a new defense organization adapted to the evolving menaces of the 21st century. We're long overdue." "For decades, as Israel was defamed in the media, I watched ADL choose not to be the Anti-Defamation League for the Jewish state. (That’s precisely why CAMERA was born.) For years, as Islamic Jew-hatred and leftwing anti-Zionism overtook rightwing anti-Semitism as the bigger threat to Jewish life, we’ve seen the ADL flinch. Students from around the country told me that ADL did not answer their calls as they were harassed and intimidated by anti-Israel faculty, students and administrations. (That’s precisely why the David Project – and Stand with Us – were established.) But sure enough, when ADL found a swastika on some bathroom stall in Iowa, my mother-in-law got a fundraising letter." - Charles Jacobs "What is more disturbing than anything else is the ADL...Either they are blind, or they don't know history" - Rabbi Chaim Moshe Bergstein
GAME OVER - J'ACCUSE DAY 520
If you have been paying attention to the content of this website, you know that an appeal to the non conscious mind can be far more effective than an appeal to the conscious mind. So imagine the unlikely scenario that the well paid CEO's of the self-proclaimed watch dog groups, the ADL's Foxman, and the Wiesenthal Franchises' Hier, awoke and realized that they are in the 21st century, and decided to spend some of their donor's money on promoting the good name of the Jewish people and/or Israel.
And imagine, as unlikely as it seems, that they spent some of their enormous budget donated to their stewardship, on an ad incorporating the technology of persuasion circa 2013, instead of circa 1890. They might just show a young hip couple on a beautiful relatively secluded Mediterranean Sea beach, just relaxing, enjoying each other and the natural settings. Then at the end of the commercial, the word "ISRAEL" is diaplyed on the screen. Sounds great, it appeals to the feelings/non conscious, and hopefully changes the perception of Jews and Israel. However, Foxman and Hier, while they were asleep at the wheel, allowed the enemy to attach so many negative associations with the term Israel and Jew, that efforts to change that image, that "brand", are going to be very difficult to rehabilitate, if it is even possible.
The Jewish Nation was formed with an admonition about trusting its leadership starting with King Saul1 The same mistrust informed America: We rejected monarchies, and limited power of our leaders through checks and balances. Moses, the man that achieved the highest spiritual level possible, made a mistake that is haunting the Jewish people even today by taking with the Israelites from Egypt the Eruv Rav.
Therefore, it should come as no surprise that our current Jewish leadership watchdogs, have failed their people, miserably.
They have become large institutions, ingrained into the political landscape and beholden to large donors. Try getting a response from either Foxman of the ADL, or Heir of the Wiesenthal Franchises.
We challenge Foxman of the ADL or Heir of the Wiesenthal Franchises to defend our accusation that both organizations are negligently failing in their mission statements (ADL, Weisenthal) by not taking action against the promoters of Drive, including speaking out, one way or another, about the movie's slick and highly polished anti-Semitism.
And until Wiesenthal and ADL are willing to recognize and fight this new anti-Semitism, neither should be given a red cent. Anyone can complain about a blatant anti-Semitic statement or a swastika in an Iowa bathroom. We need organizations that are as smart and sophisticated as the anti-Semites are now. Wiesenthal Franchises and ADL miserably fail that test.
The ADL and Wiesenthal are fighting an anti-Semitism model that is two generations old. They missed the evolution of anti-Semitism that now includes anti-Zionism, to say nothing of its blindness to the latest generation of Jew hatred, as represented by Drive.
We challenge Foxman and Heir to a public debate, they can name the place and the time. We have donors willing to put up $5,000.00 to the organization that either represents, or a charity of their choice, plus any revenues generated from the event, if either has the courage to take up this justified challenge (if it requires more money, let us know).
Of course The Wiesenthal Franchises are a part of the movie making business with their Moriah film division and have won Academy Awards. Does that explain their cowardly silence ? The attorneys for FilmDistrict, the promoters of Drive, have implied and/or stated that if the movie Drive was anti-Semitic, a Jewish watchdog group would have condemned it.
In the meantime, we demand of the ADL and the Wiesenthal Franchises that the following questions be addressed so that those that stand against the promotion of anti-Semitism, including good people of all religious beliefs, or no religious beliefs, can recognize anti-Semitic movies, and thereby assist you in addressing it. We will assume that failure to answer these necessary and reasonable questions, means that your organizations have no answers, which says alot.
1. Define what is meant by an "anti-Semitic movie".
2. Is Drive an anti-Semitic movie?
3. Please explain why it is or isn't based on your definition in "1", above.
4. What is subliminal content ?
5. Is subliminal content relevant to a movie's anti-Semitism?
6. Which of the alleged subliminal content on this website is relevant to the movie's presence or absence of anti-Semitism, and why ?
7. If a movie is based on a book, is it relevant to anti-Semitism, how the book was changed into the movie?
8. Is it anti-Semitic to change a book's Jewish characters from reflecting no anti-Semitic stereotypes, to reflecting a wide range of anti-Semitic stereotypes?
9. Was it anti-Semitic to describe the Jewish characters the way they were described on the Drive movie website, including only the Jewish characters having their religion identified ?
10. What Nazi anti-Semitic stereotype was NOT included in the movie Drive ?
11. Were the Jews in Drive depicted as controlling other peoples lives from "Behind the scenes" ? Why or why not?
12. Were they depicted that way in the book ?
13. Was the Nazi stereotype that Jews try to hide their identity in the movie ? Why or why not?
14. Were they depicted that way in the book ?
15. Was the Nazi stereotype that Jews are money hungry depicted in the movie ? Why or why not?
16. Were they depicted that way in the book ?
17. Was the Nazi stereotype that Jews are physically repugnant depicted in the movie ? Why or why not?
18. Were they depicted that way in the book ?
19. Was the Nazi stereotype that Jews use their cleverness to swindle Gentiles in the movie ? Why or why not?
20. Were they depicted that way in the book ?
21. Was the Nazi stereotype that Jews "stick together" depicted in the movie ? Why or why not?
22. Were they depicted that way in the book ?
23. Was the Nazi stereotype that Jews are totally evil depicted in the movie ? Why or why not?
24. Were they depicted that way in the book ?
25. Was the Nazi stereotype that Jews have no redeeming values depicted in the movie ? Why or why not?
26. Were they depicted that way in the book ?
27. Was the Nazi stereotype that Jews control the flesh industry depicted in the movie ? Why or why not?
28. Were they depicted that way in the book ?
29. Was the Nazi stereotype that Jews die like cowards or die in a dehumanized manner depicted in the movie ? Why or why not?
30. Were they depicted that way in the book ?
31. Any Christian religious content in the movie, and if so how did that reflect on the issue of anti-Semitism ?
32. Any Christian religious content in the book, and if so how did that reflect on the issue of anti-Semitism ?
33. Any Jewish religious content in the movie, and if so how did that reflect on the issue of anti-Semitism ?
32. Any Jewish religious content in the book, and if so how did that reflect on the issue of anti-Semitism ?
33. For a general American 17-40 year old audience today, is subtle anti-Semitism more effective than overt anti-Semitism ?
34. How is the music and lyrics in Drive relevant to the issue of anti-Semitism in the movie ?
35. Give an example of subtle anti-Semitism.
36. Give an example of anti-Semitism that incorporates modern methods of advertising and marketing ?
37. How much money is spent a year on promoting anti-Semitism worldwide?
38. How much money is spent a year on promoting anti-Semitism in the United States?
39. Is anti-Semitic media becoming more sophisticated by changing as new marketing and promotional strategies emerge ?
40. How much money does the film industry, as individuals, or entities, employed by, or associated with, contribute to your organizations ?
41. What major motion pictures, ie distributed to wide audiences in America, are anti-Semitic, and why ?
42. What major motion pictures, ie distributed to wide audiences around the world, are anti-Semitic, and why ?
If either the ADL or the Wiesenthal Franchises would provide answers, that will help people recognize anti-Semitic films, and thereby help both organizations to address that serious issue, thereby helping to fulfill their mission statements.
Sadly, one should not hold their breath. Both tired organizations do not have the skill, the motivation, and dedication to the cause of fighting anti-Semitism as the anti-Semites have for their cause.
- 1. Saul failed to destroy the Amalikites, a people led by King Agog, and according to some Jewish texts,are the eternal embodiment of evil, and the antithesis of the Jewish people, including the Jews' eternal enemy.